The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, Inc.
Effective Date: October 7, 2019
The Personal Information We Collect
When you use a Content Delivery Application, you may be asked to submit personal information. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, street address, e-mail address, billing information, product preferences, site preferences and likes/dislikes related to the same (collectively, “Personal Information”). We may also collect Personal Information from you if you choose to opt-in to participate in applications, surveys and/or contests.
We do not request personal information via telemarketing. If you are contacted in this manner and your Personal Information is requested on our behalf, do not respond and, as applicable, delete the communication or disconnect the call. Any such contact is not from us.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
ELI does not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. Personal Information is used:
- to provide and improve our services, features and content;
- to administer your use of our services;
- to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Website and other Content Delivery Applications;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to fulfill requests you may make;
- to personalize your experience;
- to provide service announcements;
- to conduct research and analysis;
- to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on our services;
- to perform other business activities;
It should be noted that:
- Student/participant data and content is retained only for educational purposes; and
- collected student data is encrypted in transit and at rest; and
- removed 365 days from the class start date.
We may engage third-party service providers to provide services on our behalf (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics, payment processing and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- cooperate with law enforcement authorities or comply with legal process served on us or any such service provider, affiliate, vendor or business partner;
- protect our property and rights and those of our service providers, affiliates, vendors and business partners;
- protect the safety of the public or any person;
- prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable;
- complete, as permitted by law, a business sale, asset transfer, merger, acquisition or reorganization; or
- fix or debug problems with the Website, another Content Delivery Application or our other properties.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive any communications from us, please:
- follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication you no longer wish to receive;
- call (440) 255-8861;
- send an email to email@example.com with “OPT-OUT” in the subject; or
- write to us at the address shown below.
If you send an email or letter according to the above, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and email address and indicate specifically what type of communications (e.g., e-mail, direct mail and/or phone) you wish to receive or stop receiving.
We will take appropriate steps to implement your request. Doing so may take up to 10 business days for e-mails to be discontinued, 30 days for phone calls to be discontinued and 6 weeks for physical mail to be discontinued. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive communications from us.
Also, please note that even though you may have opted out of receiving communications, you may still receive business-related communications such as order confirmations, updates or other related communications.
Logging and Cookies
As you use the Website and/or other Content Delivery Applications, our servers automatically record information that the browser sends whenever it points to a website or online service (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, a computer’s internet protocol address, browser type, the web page visited before arriving at the Website and information searched for, or viewed, on the Website and profile information viewed via the Website.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to a computer for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save usernames and passwords for future logins to the Website. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of our service, to better understand how you interact with the Website, to monitor web traffic routing on the Website and to monitor aggregate usage of the Website. Certain browsers can be instructed to stop accepting cookies and/or to issue a prompt before accepting a cookie. If a browser you use does not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of our services.
We may share aggregated information that includes non-identifying information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services, all for our sole benefit. You will not be compensated for our use of such aggregated or non-identifying information.
Changing or Deleting your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting us as provided below. If you completely delete all such information, your account may be deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We use a variety of industry-standard measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we know are under age 13, and no part of the Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they want this information deleted from our files. If we obtain knowledge from any source that such source has information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, we will delete that information from our existing files.
Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
You may find advertising or other content on the Website or another Content Delivery Application that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We make no endorsement of or representations regarding, and may not be deemed responsible for, the information, privacy or other practices of any website that is accessible via a Content Delivery Application. Any or others with websites accessible via a Content Delivery Application may have their own terms and conditions. You should review any such terms and conditions, including the information, privacy and other policies and practices, prior to accessing or further using such advertisers’ or others’ websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.