The Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification prepares participants to implement Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs in their classroom, organizations, and communities. This interactive training will engage participants in the Ice House Philosophy, Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process, and the key constructs behind the eight life lessons of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs. Upon successful completion of the certification training, participants will receive an Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certificate qualifying them to facilitate any of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs.
Who Should Attend
Registration is open to all sectors including public, private, and non-profit. Sample titles of participants include:
- K-12, University, or Community College Educators
- Workforce Development Educators
- Learning & Development Officers
- Small Business & Economic Development Educators
- Nonprofit Program Facilitators
Why You Should Attend
Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs are experiential, problem-based learning programs designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. Ice House can be implemented to advance student success, develop your workforce, or improve small business outcomes. This training will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of the Ice House Program philosophy, methodology, and content while developing your own entrepreneurial mindset. While you do not need to be subject matter expert in entrepreneurship, you do need to be an effective facilitator of learning by supporting, guiding, and monitoring the entrepreneurial learning process. ELI’s Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification is designed to equip facilitators with the necessary tools and techniques to effectively facilitate Ice House Programs.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the Ice House philosophy and methodology
- Learn how to facilitate the eight life lessons
- Engage in the entrepreneurial process
- Connect the classroom to the community by interacting with local entrepreneurs
- Distinguish between program options, delivery, and outcomes
- Understand program impact from best practices and use cases
- Practice facilitating the Ice House Program with onsite coaching
- Create an implementation and action plan to incorporate the entrepreneurial mindset
Training materials consist of:
- Digital Program Preview Access
- Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur book
- Facilitator Manual
Upon successful completion of the certification, facilitators will receive full digital access to facilitator manuals, lesson guides, sample syllabi, sample course schedules, supplemental resources, student certificates, and marketing materials. Please note that certification must be completed before ELI will fulfill product orders from our Store.
The training fee includes tuition, training materials, and morning refreshments and lunch each day. Lodging and transportation are not included in the workshop fee. Please see our list of hotel recommendations below:
Training Price: $1,995 USD
Payment can be made online by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) or by invoice using a check or bank wire transfer. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment. Registration will end fourteen (14) days before the event date. Please see our cancellation policy upon registering for this event.
- If you are a member of one of our partners, NACCE or NISOD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the $175 Member Discount code.
- If you register five or more people from the same organization, please email email@example.com for a 20% discount code. Group rates cannot be combined with other discounts.
About Our Venue
West Houston Institute, an innovation of Houston Community College, is bold and imaginative. It is redefining learning spaces and the pathway to authentic student learning. It is the future — both in its design and its programs. 21st-century students learn differently, and education needs to change in response. West Houston Institute takes the most foundational educational concepts and rethinks them. It puts the student not on a flat learning plane in the center, but on an immersive, elevated platform to see, experience, collaborate, create and learn.