Avoid stressful winter travel and sickness by joining us for this online training from the comfort of your home or office! This four-week online Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification Training prepares participants to instill an entrepreneurial mindset in their classrooms, organizations, and communities. First, we provide attendees with a foundational understanding of the mindset and methods of everyday entrepreneurs. Our Entrepreneurial Mindset Certification exposes the hidden mechanisms that help or inhibit us from reaching our full potential by focusing on and honing participants’ creativity, critical thinking, cooperation, and empathy skills.
In this online training, you will develop a deeper understanding of the eight life lessons by taking you through the various editions of the Ice House Programs in their entirety. Simultaneously, you will learn about our research into the entrepreneurial mindset. We will get together to discuss these concepts further and the best methods for facilitating these concepts through live Zoom sessions. In addition to the live sessions, you will engage in a mix of recorded presentations, small group and individual activities, discussions, and experiential, problem-based learning.
Upon successfully completing the certification training, participants will receive an Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certificate qualifying them to facilitate any of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs.
Why You Should Attend
While you do not need to be a subject matter expert in entrepreneurship, you do need to be an effective facilitator of learning by supporting, guiding, and monitoring the entrepreneurial learning process. This interactive training is a deep dive into the program philosophy and Opportunity Discovery Process. ELI’s Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification is designed to equip anyone with the necessary tools and techniques to facilitate effectively.
Regardless of who you teach or serve, an entrepreneurial mindset provides a new perspective. It’s a perspective that will expose new opportunities, ignite their ambition and cultivate confidence, creativity, self-reliance, and resourcefulness. These skills are essential for anyone to adapt and thrive in today’s rapidly changing world.
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs are experiential, problem-based learning programs. They inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. You can implement Ice House to advance student success, develop your workforce, or improve small business outcomes.
Who Should Attend
- K-12, University, or Community College Educators
- Workforce Development Professionals
- Small Business & Economic Development Educators
- Nonprofit Program Facilitators
- Organizational Development Personnel
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the research, social psychology, and behavioral science behind our definition of an entrepreneurial mindset and how it is framed in the Ice House Programs’ methodology
- Engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process
- Connect the classroom to the community by interacting with local entrepreneurs
- Learn how to facilitate the eight life lessons
- Distinguish between program editions, delivery, and outcomes
- Understand program impact from best practices and use cases
- Create an implementation and action plan to incorporate the entrepreneurial mindset in your students, community, or organization
Live sessions will run for 90 minutes on Thursdays throughout the month of February, beginning at 6:00 PM ET. You should plan for approximately 3 – 4 hours of work each week. In addition to attending the live sessions and browsing samples of each edition of our program, you will be asked to read chapters, submit and respond to discussion forums, complete assignments, and watch recorded video lectures.
Who You’ll Learn From
As the Founder and CEO of the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, Gary led the development of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program, which the Kauffman Foundation has recognized as “redefining entrepreneurship education in classrooms and communities around the world.” Gary has presented numerous keynotes, workshops, and training programs throughout the U.S. and abroad, focusing on the entrepreneurial mindset.
As ELI’s President, Rob is responsible for strategic planning, client engagement, new product development, thought leadership, and training. Rob’s significant experience in leadership positions as an Air Force officer and education at the university, community college, and high school levels brings a diversity of perspective to ELI’s audience. Rob recognizes the importance of education in lifting all members of society. Also, he finds power in the entrepreneurial mindset to change people’s lives for the better.
Additionally, you will hear directly from guest entrepreneurs who will share their insights and stories of their journey to success and the paths they took.
During this program, you will receive:
- A digital copy of the Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur book
- Access to the online training course shell
- Access to the downloadable Facilitator Materials
- Facilitator Manuals for All Program Editions
- Syllabi and Course Schedules
- Lesson Guides with Multiple Choice Assessments, Discussion Questions, Application & Reflection Assignments, and Classroom Activities
- Supplemental Course Materials
- Certificate of Completion Template for Participants
- Marketing Materials
We encourage you to select Pay by Check to reduce the Eventbrite Processing Fee. From there, we will email you an invoice. You can make payment with a credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover), check, or bank wire transfer. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment. Finally, registration is transferable to another event or individual but is non-refundable.