This four-week online Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification Training prepares participants to instill an entrepreneurial mindset in their classroom, organizations, and communities. To do this, we start by providing attendees with a foundational understanding of the mindset and methods of everyday entrepreneurs. By focusing on and honing one’s creativity, critical thinking, cooperation, and empathy skills, our Entrepreneurial Mindset Certification exposes the hidden mechanisms that help or inhibit us from reaching our full potential.
In this online training, you will develop a deeper understanding of the eight life lessons by taking you through the various editions of the Ice House Programs in their entirety. Simultaneously, you will learn about our research into the entrepreneurial mindset and we will get together to discuss these concepts further as well as the best methods for the facilitation of these concepts through live Zoom sessions. In addition to the live sessions, you will engage in a mix of recorded presentations, small group and individual activities, discussions, and experiential, problem-based learning.
Upon successful completion of the certification training, participants will receive an Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certificate qualifying them to facilitate any of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs.
Why You Should Attend
While you do not need to be subject matter expert in entrepreneurship, you do need to be an effective facilitator of learning by supporting, guiding, and monitoring the entrepreneurial learning process. This interactive training is a deep dive into the program philosophy and Opportunity Discovery Process. ELI’s Entrepreneurial Mindset Facilitator Certification is designed to equip anyone with the necessary tools and techniques to effectively facilitate.
Regardless of who you teach or serve, an entrepreneurial mindset provides a new perspective; one that will expose new opportunities, ignite their ambition and cultivate the confidence, creativity, self-reliance, and resourcefulness that are essential for anyone to adapt and thrive in today’s rapidly changing world.
“ I really want to keep the Ice House training as my little secret weapon but there is a need for this mindset in the world. People need to feel they can do this, and now that I’ve completed the training, I know they can.”
– Lyz Marshall, Assistant Professor of Business, Seton Hill University
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs are experiential, problem-based learning programs designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. Ice House can be implemented to advance student success, develop your workforce, or improve small business outcomes.
Who Should Attend
- K-12, University, or Community College Educators
- Workforce Development Professionals
- Small Business & Economic Development Educators
- Nonprofit Program Facilitators
- Organizational Development Personnel
“. . .This is an innovative approach to not just developing entrepreneurial skills but also to developing a mindset that increases your sense of humanity. . .This invaluable tool has the potential to turn around lives, from 8 to 80, in school systems, congregations, and even communities.”
– Nina Lee, Teacher & Owner of Soloman Family Farms
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the research, social psychology, and behavioral science behind our definition of an entrepreneurial mindset and how it is framed in the Ice House Programs’ methodology
- Engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process
- Connect the classroom to the community by interacting with local entrepreneurs
- Learn how to facilitate the eight life lessons
- Distinguish between program editions, delivery, and outcomes
- Understand program impact from best practices and use cases
- Create an implementation and action plan to incorporate the entrepreneurial mindset in your students, community, or organization
“This training is critical to help an individual understand that Ice House is so much more than a program about starting a business. It is really about people and helping them to realize and release the potential that is within each one of us.”
– Ray Keevy, Workforce Professional
Live sessions will run for 90 minutes on Wednesdays throughout the month of April beginning at 6:00 PM ET. You should plan for approximately 3 – 4 hours of work each week. In addition to attending the live sessions and browsing samples of each edition of our program, you will be asked to read chapters, submit and respond to discussion forums, complete assignments, and watch recorded video lectures.
Who You’ll Learn From
As the Founder and CEO of the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, Gary led the development of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program, which has been recognized by the Kauffman Foundation as “redefining entrepreneurship education in classrooms and communities around the world.” With his focus on the entrepreneurial mindset, Gary has presented numerous keynotes, workshops, and training programs throughout the U.S. and abroad.
As ELI’s President, Rob is responsible for strategic planning, client engagement, new product development, thought leadership, and training. Rob’s significant experience in leadership positions as an Air Force officer and in education at the university, community college, and high school levels brings a diversity of perspective to ELI’s audience. Rob recognizes the importance of education in lifting all members of society and finds power in the entrepreneurial mindset to change people’s lives for the better.
Along with Gary and Rob, you will hear directly from guest entrepreneurs who will share their insights and stories of their journey to success and the paths they took.
During this program, you will receive:
- A digital copy of the Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur book
- Access to the self-paced version of the program
- Access to the online training course shell
- Access to the downloadable Facilitator Materials
- Facilitator Manuals for All Program Editions
- Syllabi and Course Schedules
- Lesson Guides with Multiple Choice Assessments, Discussion Questions, Application & Reflection Assignments, and Classroom Activities
- Supplemental Course Materials
- Certificate of Completion Template for Participants
- Marketing Materials
We encourage you to select Pay by Check to reduce the Eventbrite Processing Fee. From there, you will be emailed an invoice and payment can be made with credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover), check, or bank wire transfer. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment. Registration is transferable to another event or individual but is non-refundable.