This event is organized by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative and hosted by the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) and Hillsborough Community College. Registration is open to all sectors including public, private, and non-profit.
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. To better understand the Ice House philosophy, Author & ELI Founder Gary Schoeniger traces the insights and principles that led to the creation of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program in this four-minute Kauffman Sketchbook “Entrepreneurial Mindset” video.
To become certified to teach the Ice House Program and learn how to implement within your organization or community, you are invited to participate in the two and a half day facilitator training. The facilitator training consists of the following participant outcomes:
- Participants will understand entrepreneurship as a mindset that can empower anyone to succeed.
- Participants will learn to facilitate the eight life lessons, by engaging in the Ice House entrepreneur video case studies and discussion questions.
- Participants will engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process designed to immerse participants in real-world entrepreneurial circumstances that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
- Participants will understand the importance of bridging the community to the classroom by engaging in the entrepreneurial process.
- Participants will review and discuss the Ice House course content, methodology, structure, learning objectives, and delivery options.
- Participants will learn best practices and use cases for effective delivery of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program from implementations in classrooms and communities around the world.
Friday, October 6, 2017, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday, October 7, 2017, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Sunday, October 8, 2017, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
This training will serve as a pre-conference to NACCE’s 2017 Annual Conference: The Power of Partnership.
NACCE & NISOD Discount: NACCE & NISOD members receive a $175 discount on the cost of registration. Contact Joanie Weber at email@example.com for the promotional code.
Hotel Accomodations: A NACCE/Ice House Entrepreneurship Program group rate of $219 is negotiated at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Must reserve by Thursday, September 14 to receive the group rate. Make your reservation online here or call 1-888-591-1234 to speak with a Hyatt agent.
While there is no room block or group rate, The Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District is an alternative hotel and within walking distance of the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center.
Attire: Business casual
Note: Seating is limited. Breakfast & lunch are included.
About Our Hosts
NACCE is a member organization of over 300 community colleges representing nearly 2,000 staff. Presidents, educators, administrators and center directors are focused on igniting entrepreneurship in their community and on their campus. NACCE has two main goals: (1) Empower the college to approach the business of leading a community college with an entrepreneurial mindset; and (2) Grow the community college’s role in supporting job creation and entrepreneurs in their local ecosystem.
Hillsborough Community College (HCC) is a two-year community college, located in Hillsborough County, Florida. With more than 43,000 students, the college has five campuses located throughout the county.