This event is organized by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative and hosted by Metropolitan State University of Denver.
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset. To better understand the Ice House philosophy, Author & ELI Founder Gary Schoeniger traces the insights and principles that led to the creation of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program in this four-minute Kauffman Sketchbook “Entrepreneurial Mindset” video.
To become certified to teach the Ice House Programs and learn how to implement within your organization or community, you are invited to participate in the three-day facilitator training. The facilitator training consists of the following participant outcomes:
- Participants will understand entrepreneurship as a mindset that can empower anyone to succeed.
- Participants will learn to facilitate the eight life lessons, by engaging in the Ice House entrepreneur video case studies and discussion questions.
- Participants will engage in the entrepreneurial process through the Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process designed to immerse participants in real-world entrepreneurial circumstances that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
- Participants will understand the importance of bridging the community to the classroom by engaging in the entrepreneurial process.
- Participants will review and discuss the Ice House course content, methodology, structure, learning objectives, and delivery options.
- Participants will learn best practices and use cases for effective delivery of Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs from implementations in classrooms and communities around the world.
Community Keynote: Redefining Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Gary Schoeniger, Founder of the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) & Co-Author of Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship is more than an academic discipline and reaches far beyond the concept of traditional business creation and small business management. Entrepreneurship is a mindset; a framework for thinking and acting that can empower anyone to succeed. It is a mindset that can empower ordinary people to accomplish the extraordinary.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:00AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Thursday, June 8, 2017, 8:00AM – 2:00PM
NACCE Member Discount:
If you are a member of the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the NACCE Member Discount ($175).
Hotel Accomodations: An Ice House Training group rate of $179 has been negotiated at the Springhill Suites Denver Downtown MSU Denver. Must reserve by Saturday, May 6, 2017 to receive group rate. Reservations can be made here or by calling the hotel directly at (303) 705 – 7300.
Attire: Business casual
Note: Seating is limited. Breakfast and lunch are included.