Advancing student success with an entrepreneurial mindset
The Ice House Student Success Program is a student success course that inspires and engages students with the perseverance and determination of an entrepreneurial mindset needed to succeed academically and in life.
Download the Course Description
Ice House Student Success is a student success course designed to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset in new college students or high school students preparing for college. It has been offered as a first-year experience seminar, college success course, student leadership program, or personal growth or self-awareness course.
Drawing on the early success of the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program, this program expands upon Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur, by encompassing student success concepts in the context of an entrepreneurial mindset. Each lesson contains video case studies featuring a variety of real-world, “unlikely” entrepreneurs and students who have embraced the core concepts of an entrepreneurial mindset. The program provides for experiential learning beyond the classroom, making connections, and building relationships that can support students throughout college and beyond.
Ice House participants will consume, review, share, apply, and reflect on the following content:
- Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur Book
- PDF Lesson Content with Embedded Video Case Studies
- Multiple Choice Questions & Discussion Questions
- Application & Reflection Assignments
- Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process
Ice House Student Success is designed to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop creativity and critical thinking, effective problem solving, communication, teamwork, and other entrepreneurial skills – skills that will enable them to succeed regardless of their chosen path.
Ice House Student Success Program Outcomes are designed to:
- Drive student engagement
- Strengthen student learning
- Develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills
- Improve student persistence
- Increase college completion rates
- Produce employable graduates
Ice House Student Success is an all-digital program that is highly flexible and fully integrates into your institution’s Learning Management System.
- All-Digital Content Delivery
- Full Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- Full Semester (15 weeks) or Half Semester (8 or 10 weeks) Schedule
- Classroom or Online Course Delivery
Ice House does not require the instructor to be a subject matter expert in the field of entrepreneurship, but rather a facilitator of the entrepreneurial learning process. To ensure the quality of the learner experience and a core understanding of the Ice House philosophy, one must be an Entrepreneurial Mindset Certified Facilitator in order to facilitate the program. See our Training information here.
To learn more about the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs, join one of our monthly live webinars.
Attend a Webinar