Improving small business outcomes with an entrepreneurial mindset
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program (Small Business Edition) is designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in the process that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial skills.
Ice House (Small Business Edition) is designed for aspiring entrepreneurs, small business owners, and economic developers looking to cultivate entrepreneurial communities that drive economies.
Inspired by the life-story of Pulitzer nominee Clifton Taulbert in the companion text, Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur, the Ice House (Small Business Edition) combines more than ten years of research with the firsthand experience drawn from a wide variety of successful “unlikely” entrepreneurs. Drawing on eight fundamental concepts, the course exposes participants to the underlying thought and process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to identify, evaluate, and transform new ideas into successful endeavors. Participants are then immersed in real-world entrepreneurial experiences that enable them to develop and hone entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
Ice House participants will consume, share, apply, and reflect on the following content:
- Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur Book
- Narrated Video Lesson Content & Case Studies
- Discussion Questions, Application Assignments & Reflection Assignments
- Ice House Opportunity Discovery Process
Ice House (Small Business Edition) is designed to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop creativity and critical thinking, effective problem solving, communication, teamwork, and other entrepreneurial skills – skills that will enable them to succeed regardless of their chosen path.
Upon completion of the program, participants will:
- Understand and experience the process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to identify, evaluate, and transform a simple idea into a sustainable success
- Develop and hone entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills
- Identify and overcome the self-limiting beliefs that may keep them tethered to ineffective ways of thinking and acting
- Identify and interact with local entrepreneurs who can provide critical guidance and ongoing support
Ice House (Small Business Edition) is highly flexible offering a variety of delivery models including online, blended, and traditional classroom formats. The program can be offered in ELI’s Learning Management System (LMS) or be fully integrated into your organization’s LMS.
- Digital or Print Delivery
- Classroom or Online Delivery
- Bootcamp or Multi-Week Delivery
Ice House does not require the instructor to be a subject matter expert in the field of entrepreneurship, but rather a facilitator of the entrepreneurial learning process. To ensure the quality of the learner experience and a core understanding of the Ice House philosophy, one must be an Entrepreneurial Mindset Certified Facilitator in order to facilitate the program. See our Training information here.
To learn more about the Ice House Entrepreneurship Programs, view our video below or join one of our monthly live webinars.